Requesting a book that is currently checked out
If an book you want is already checked out, you can request to be next in line when it is returned.
- In the Library Catalog find the record for the item you want.
- If the Status reads "due xx/xx/xx," click on the "Request " button at the top of the page.
- Enter your Pipeline username and password OR your name and the barcode number from your MTSU ID as it appears on the card. (The barcode number is 14-digits beginning with 23082). Click "Login." Please note that holds can only be requested by MTSU students, faculty, and staff.
- On the next screen you will be asked if you have a deadline for the material. If so, enter your deadline. You will not be contacted if the book is returned after your deadline. If not, click Submit.
- If your request was successful, a message will appear stating, "Your request for [Book Title] was successful. You will be able to pick up this material at Walker Library Circulation Desk when it is ready."
The library will send you an e-mail notice when the book is available for pick-up. It will be held at the Circulation Desk for ten days.