Options for Getting Articles
Getting access to articles at home
Use the Find Resources page to find articles
When accessing the library article databases at home, you may be prompted for a username and password.
- username: this is the first part of your email address; it is also your Pipeline username
- password: this is the same as your Pipeline password
RODP students with a non-MTSU homeschool may obtain a username and password from their instructors or consult the Distance Education Librarian at Sharon.Parente@mtsu.edu.
Find Articles Now
How to find the articles you need
Many journal and newspaper articles are available online through Resources page. Please see the following tutorials to learn more about finding articles:
Document Delivery :
While the library has many full-text journal and newspaper articles available online, you may need some that are not.
Getting an article MTSU owns in print
- Request the article through the ILLiad system. You will login with your Pipeline username and password. The first time you use ILLiad, you must enter your contact information. When doing so, make sure to indicate in the Status field that you are a Distance Student or RODP student. You must have a library borrower card or MTSU student ID to use this system. If you don't have one, contact Sharon Parente at Sharon.Parente@mtsu.edu.
- Please be sure to include complete citation information.
- You must live outside of Rutherford County, be currently enrolled in an MTSU distance education or RODP course (with MTSU as your home school), and have no on-campus classes to use this service (if you live closer, we ask that you come into the library to make a copy of the article).
- Delivery of locally owned items often occurs within two days (not including weekends).
Getting an article MTSU DOES NOT own
- If MTSU does NOT own the article in print, you may order it from another library through ILLiad. Make sure to indicate that you are a Distance Student.
- You will need your M number to use ILLIAD. You may find your M number on your MTSU ID card or by logging in to your Pipeline account and going to Raidernet>Personal Information. If you have questions, contact Sharon Parente at Sharon.Parente@mtsu.edu.
- If you are not sure whether MTSU owns the article, use the Journal Locator to search for the periodical.
- Be sure to include full citation information: title, author, publication, year, volume, pages, etc.
- Items ordered from other libraries may take a few days or up to three weeks, so plan ahead.
Contact the Distance Education Librarian, Sharon Parente:
or Contact the Reference Desk: