Library Services for Distance Instructors
- Embedded Librarian -- Online instructors may choose to have a librarian "embedded" in their Desire2Learn courses to assist students with library and research-related questions. The Embedded Librarian page provides more information.
- Library Instruction--
- SearchPath- This interactive tutorial has 5 learning modules: Starting Smart, Choosing a Topic, Finding Articles, Using the Web, and Citing Sources. Each module ends with a quiz. D2L quizzes are also available upon request.
- Short video tutorials -- link to videos about searching for books, finding articles, and more
- Specialized Online Instruction: The DE librarian will collaborate with instructors to create customized information literacy units to replace on-campus library instruction sessions.
- On-Site Instruction - A librarian can visit your off-campus location for a traditional information literacy instruction class.
- Electronic Course Reserves -- Instructors may place items on electronic reserve to be accessed remotely by students. The Electronic Reserves page provides more information on policies and instructions regarding electronic reserves.
- Curriculum Support -- The distance learning librarian will assist instructors in identification of relevant websites, articles, online books, and appropriate library databases for course research.
- Linking to online articles in your D2L course -- to link to articles from databases, you need find its persistent URL and use the correct ezproxy prefix (https://ezproxy.mtsu.edu:3443/login?url=). See this short tutorial for detailed instructions. Contact the DE Librarian if you have any questions.
Contact Sharon Parente, Distance Learning Librarian, at (615) 898-2549 or by e-mail at
Sharon.Parente@mtsu.edu if you would like assistance with any of the above services to support your online, off-campus, videoconferencing, correspondence, RODP, or telecourse.
Online Resources for Distance Educators
Copyright and Distance Education