What is JEWL Search?
Our JEWL Search box allows you to find books, articles, images, videos, scores, audio recordings, encyclopedia entries and more from a single search. Results include thousands of online resources in each category, as well as items physically held by the libraries on campus. Previously, users had to search multiple boxes or databases to find these different types of resources. Need something specific? Use the filters on the left of the search results screen to narrow by item type, publication date, subject, and more. Ready? Go Search now.
*NOTE: Our website has been updated since these videos were made, and the search box now looks a little different from the outside, but everthing that happens after you hit GO is still the same.
Databases included in Search
At this time there items from nearly 150 databases or collections available through Search, and new ones will be added frequently. Some favorites include
- MTSU Libraries Catalog
- Academic Search Premier
- Academic Onefile
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text
- Credo Reference Collection
- General Onefile
- Literature Resource Center
- MLA International Bibliography
- Naxos Music Library
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- ScienceDirect (Elsevier)
- Web of Science
We also gain more seamless links to open access archives such as ArXiv, DOAJ, and OAISTER. Look for custom full text links to replace most of our Article Linker links. Ready? Go Search now.
Databases NOT included in Search
Some of our resources are not currently available through Search, but you can still access them through the Databases A-Zlist. Some of the most heavily used databases in this category are
- ABI/Inform (Proquest)
- ACM Digital Library
- IEEE Explore Digital Library
- Historical Newspapers (Proquest)
- Proquest Dissertations and Theses
- Proquest (all collections)
Other ways to search for resources
While you can discover a wealth of information through the JEWL Search box, we have maintained many of our traditional resources, as well. You'll find these tabs and links on the JEWL box. Ready? Go Search now.
- You can use the Catalog to search for items physically held in the MTSU Libraries, as well as ebooks.
- The Journal Locator will tell you whether the library subscribes to a periodical and will guide you to its online and/or physical location.
- Databases A-Z is a list of all of the online databases and other resources to which the library subscribes.
- Research Guides, created and maintained by librarians, compile the most useful resources for an individual topic or course.
Need help using Search?
If you can't find what you're looking for, use the MTSU Librarian chat box on the right side of the search results screen. A librarian will lead you through your search to help you find what you need. Check out our other help options on our Ask Us! page. Ready? Go Search now.
*Many thanks to Denise Quintel for writing and producing the videos on this page.