Instructors, see our Makerspace Brochure (pdf)
Location: 2nd floor, inside the Digital Media Studio
What is the Makerspace?
- Makerspace is a catch all term to refer to a service that offers equipment that enables the creation or fabrication of prototypes of designs or customized “parts”.
- The vision for the Walker Library makerspace service is to provide an active-learning experience for students to use technology as a tool and to make it accessible to students of every level of technical expertise.
- Research libraries with a makerspace learning area have found them to be instrumental in support of the STEAM (science, technology, engineering Arts and Math) initiatives.
Who may use the Makerspace?
- MTSU faculty, staff, and students who have been trained on the equipment
- Makerspace Equipment Training
Available for use in the MakerSpace only (first come first served):
- Vinyl Cutter
- Filament 3D Printers
- Mini Filament 3D Printers
- Resin 3D Printer
- Makeblock Kit (Construction set)
- Bench top power supplies
- Signal Generators
- LittleBits Kit (Construction set)
- Linux Stations
Available for check out (for use in the MakerSpace only):
- Oculus Rift VR Headset (by reservation only)
- HTC Vive VR Headset (by reservation only)
- OSVR Razor VR Development Headsets
- Raspberry Pi3 and Pi touchscreens
- Arduino kits
- Soldering Irons
- 3D glasses
Equipment Coming Soon
- CNC Router
- Laser Etcher/Cutter
- Silhouette Cutter (vinyl, fabric, cardstock, cotton canvas, magnet paper, foil)
- Odroid C2
Training will be required for some equipment. Makerspace Equipment Training.
Usage policies and charges:
All equipment must be used in the Makerspace. At this time there is no charge to use the equipment, but users are required to bring their own supplies for equipment such as the vinyl cutter. More information will be forthcoming on policies, procedures, costs, and material sources.
Contact:DMS/Makerspace Help Desk: