In response to student requests, the Library has designated Quiet Zones on the third and fourth floors of the Library.
Quiet Zone Locations
- Third and fourth floors, beyond the elevators (including the computers). Look for the Quiet Zone signs in these areas.
Quiet Zone Policies
- No talking except the occasional whisper.
- Use headphones/earbuds to listen to music and videos, not your computer's speakers. Be aware that at high volumes, sound may "leak" from your headphones.
- No talking on cell phones. If you need to use a cell phone, please move to the area around the stairway.
What to Do if a Quiet Zone is Too Noisy
- Help us keep these zones quiet by reminding other students of their purpose.
- If you feel uncomfortable approaching noisy users, you can call for backup and a library staff member will investigate.
- Contact a librarian through our chat service (below) and let us know exactly where the offenders are and give a brief description of them.
- Phone the Service Desk at (615) 898-2817 (option 1).
- Use the house phone near the elevators; choose option 1 when the recording finishes. Your call will be routed to the Service Desk.
Questions about Library Quiet Zones may be directed to the Service Desk at (615) 898-2817 (option 1).