Place Items on Reserve
Please refer to our Policies and Procedures page for information regarding collections, rules, fines, and loan periods.
Place library-owned items on Reserve
Place library-owned AUDIO/VISUAL items on Reserve
Please note: Library-owned media items are automatically assigned the three-hour loan period
Place personal items (books, audiovisual, etc.) on Reserve
E-Reserve (journal articles, class notes, etc.)
*Reserves forms may be turned in at the Reserves Desk or submitted to Suzy Burkhardt via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or campus mail (Box 13). Personal items must accompany PDF forms.
Placing Photocopies or Electronic Copies of Copyrighted Material on Reserve
- No more than nine copyrighted chapters, articles, essays, short stories, poems, excerpts, etc. may be placed on reserve per course per semester. Of those, up to three chapters may be from a single book. Articles are restricted to one article per periodical issue and no more than three articles per volume title. Photocopies and electronic access of copyrighted materials must adhere to the James E. Walker Library Copyright Guidelines.
- The instructor must provide a clean photocopy of the document on 8 ½ x 11 inch paper.
- A photocopy of the title page and the verso to the title page must be included for each book chapter, essay, excerpt, poem, or short story that is submitted.
- A photocopy of the masthead of the journal must be submitted for articles that do not have the copyright information provided on the document.
- Material may not be combined in one folder or notebook. Each article, chapter, or essay must be listed separately.
- The same photocopied items may not be placed on reserve for consecutive semesters.
- Additional Copyright Guidelines for Reserves materials.
- Materials received through Interlibrary Loan may not be placed on Reserves.
Ordering Books for the Reserves Collection
Books can be ordered for the Reserves collection through Collection Development Management. Please complete the Book Order Request Form and provide the requested information about Reserves.
Processing Reserves Requests
Reserves requests are normally processed within 7-10 days. Please note that our business hours are Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 3:30pm. However, during the first four weeks of the semester processing time may be longer. Please do not assign Reserves readings until your list of materials has been processed and is available for use.
Please contact Suzy Burkhardt at email@example.com or 904-8544 for more information