Reserves Information for Students
- Students must present a valid MTSU ID to borrow materials from the Reserve collection.
- All reserve materials must be returned to the Reserve desk.
- Items not returned to the Reserve Desk by the end of the specified loan period, or by closing time, are subject to overdue charges.
- The overdue charge for a reserve item varies according to the loan type or the type of material: one, two or three hour loans (not to leave the building) and overnight loans accrue fines of .05 per minute; one, three, seven and fourteen day loans accrue fines of $1.00 per day; and, Vanderbilt Library Access Cards accrue fines of $1.00 per day.
- Lost charges will not exceed the cost of the material plus a $20.00 processing fee.
- Patrons who do not return items promptly may have their records flagged (registration and transcripts) and their Library privileges restricted.
- To ensure that reserve materials are readily available, the number of items that may be borrowed at any one time is limited to four items.