Meeting Place Policies
Meeting Place 2 is a partially enclosed, reservable space in room 248 on the library 2nd floor. It is equipped with a reconfigurable conference table and movable whiteboard partitions. A Mac or PC laptop is available for checkout and may be hooked up to a wall-mounted large-screen monitor. Meeting Place 2 is recommended for 8-16 people. Make a reservation for Meeting Place 2.
Meeting Place 4 is a partially enclosed, reservable space in room 446 on the library 4th floor. It is equipped with a movable tables and movable whiteboard partitions. A Mac or PC laptop is available for checkout and may be hooked up to a wall-mounted large-screen monitor. Meeting Place 4 is recommended 13 to 26 people. Make a reservation for Meeting Place 4.
Available for 1-3 hour reservations (no renewals)
- 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Fridays
- 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Saturdays
- 2:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Sundays
- NOTE: Groups may use the spaces until closing time without a reservation, but equipment will not be available after reservation hours.
- Meeting Place 4 is recommended 13 to 26 people and may be reserved by MTSU students for academic as well as extra-curricular meetings. Faculty who need an occasional space to meet with classes, smaller student groups, or other faculty/staff groups may also reserve the space. It may be used by any group without a reservation if available, but using the equipment requires a reservation.Preferred minimum group size is 13 people for student reservations and 10 people for faculty/staff reservations, though library staff may use discretion when scheduling.
- For smaller groups, see Meeting Place 2, which is recommended for 8-13 people. The preferred minimum group sizes for Meeting Place 2 is 5 for faculty/staff and 8 for student groups. Students may also book group study rooms.
- Reservation notices will be posted in the area at the beginning of each day. Groups may use the Meeting Places without reservation as long as they are available but will not be able to use the equipment.
- The wall-mounted monitors may be used by reservation only.
- As the Meeting Places are semi-enclosed areas in larger group-use rooms, groups using the areas should expect some ambient noise. Users in the larger space may not be asked to leave or refrain from talking.
- Computer equipment: The Library Technology Services desk staff (1st floor) are able to assist with turning on and setting up presentation equipment. Users may not install additional software on the LTS laptops but may attach their own computers to the monitor.
- The Meeting Places may be reserved online up to three months in advance.
- Check in at the Technology Services desk (1st floor) to obtain a reservation card and to borrow a laptop or laptop cables for personal laptops, if needed.
- Reservations will be held for 15 minutes, after which time the reservation may be cancelled.
- Post the “In Use” reservation card in the area while using the Meeting Place and return it to the Technology Services Desk when you are finished.
- View the online calendars (MP2 or MP4) for room availability and to request a reservation.
- Please submit reservation requests at least 48 hours prior to desired time.
- Reservations may be requested up to three months in advance.
- For first time requesters wishing to use the technology features of the Meeting Places, please arrive 15 minutes early so that Library personnel can instruct you on equipment use.
Room Use Policies and Guidelines:
- Available to MTSU students, faculty, and staff with valid ID.
- Users of Meeting Places 2 and 4 are responsible for all Library equipment in the space and should report any damaged or missing equipment immediately to the Library Technology Services desk.
- Call 904-5666 or see the LTS desk if you experience technical problems.
- Noise levels must be appropriate to the Library’s environment.
- Meeting Places 2 and 4 are in group zones and is therefore not expected to be quiet. The wall-mounted monitor has functional speakers and may be used for presentations and videos with audio, but as all areas of the library are academic spaces, users are asked to be considerate of others. Library staff will use their discretion regarding excessive and disruptive noise and physical activity.
- All furniture and equipment must be restored to original position when finished with the room.
- Users must abide by the MTSU Computer and Network Acceptable Use Policy and all Library policies.
- Walker Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- After you have received your reservation confirmation, arrive at the Technology Services (TS) desk 15 minutes prior to your scheduled reservation time.
- Present your MTSU ID to Technology Services personnel to check out the room and desired equipment.
- Meeting Place reservations will be held for 15 minutes beyond the reservation time. After that time period, reservations will be cancelled.
- Technology Services personnel will present you with a reservation slip to post on the bulletin board in the room.
- Before using a Meeting Place , please report any damage to the Technology Services desk.
- Beverages in spill-proof containers are permitted. Please abide by the Walker Library Food and Drink Policies.
- At the end of your reservation time:
- Log out of your computer session
- Power off all equipment
- Clean up after yourself
- Return furniture to original locations
- Return Technology Services laptop and/or equipment to the desk.
AVAILABLE MEETING PLACE EQUIPMENT
Check out from Technology Services Desk:
In a kit:
- TV Remote
- VGA cable
- HDMI/DVI cable
- Ethernet cable
- Power cable
- Presentation Remote including laser pointer
- Mac Adapter (if checking out the Mac)
- Dell or Mac Laptop and charger
Meeting Place Equipment Fines and Costs Policy:
- Late TS laptop return fines are $1.00 per hour to a maximum of $27.00
- Lost TS laptop return fines are $1700.00 plus accrued overdue fines and a non-refundable $20.00 service charge.
- Lost TS remote, power cable, and laser pointer fines are $10.00 plus accrued fines and a non-refundable $20.00 service charge.
- Lost TS laptop cable fine is $5 plus a non-refundable $20.00 service charge
- Lost VGA or HDMI/DVII cables are $50 plus a non-refundable $20.00 service charge
Technical Support – Call 898-5666 for support:
- Support is provided to assist with any minor system problems or questions which may occur related to use of the equipment.
- Please Note: Failure to follow these policies, or other applicable library policies, may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of access to this room and our group study rooms and meeting places.
- If you find that the room was left in poor condition by the previous occupants, please report this immediately to the Technology Services desk.