Presentation Practice Room -- Policies
The Presentation Practice Room allows students to practice and record presentations. The purpose of this space is for practicing and refining presentations for classes, seminars, conference presentations, thesis defense, etc. The room is not intended to be used to actually host seminars. Make a Reservation.
- The Presentation Practice Rooms are intended for individuals and groups of up to 7 to practice and edit presentations. Additional Group Study Rooms are available for reservation on the 4th floor of the Library by contacting the Service Desk, 1st Floor lobby. There are also study rooms on all floors of the Library that are available without scheduling.
- The Presentation Practice Rooms can only be reserved by current MTSU students with a valid ID. Students should not let student groups into the room during or after their reservation time.
- Users of the Presentation Practice Rooms agree to the Presentation Practice Room Policy and Use Guidelines.
- Groups or individuals using the Presentation Practice Rooms for uses other than their intended purpose may be asked to leave.
- The room will not be reserved by University departments, faculty, or staff, nor by parties not affiliated with MTSU. Faculty and staff may be present in the room to assist students, but may not make the reservation request.
- The room is not to be used strictly for meeting purposes or for regularly scheduled events.
Available for 1 or 2 hour reservations (no renewals)
- PC with monitor, keyboard, and mouse
- Flat-panel screen to display presentations to an audience (with remote available for checkout at DMS desk)
- Wall connection for laptops (you may check out a laptop and/or laptop video cables from Library Technology Services, 1st Floor Walker Library)
- Whiteboard (dry erase markers provided)
- Conference table and seating for up to six
- Video camera (with remote available for checkout at DMS desk)
Room Use Policies and Guidelines:
- Available to MTSU students with valid ID only. MTSU faculty/staff interested in presentation practice facilities should contact the Learning Teaching and Innovative Technologies Center (LT&ITC) at 494-7616.
- Students are responsible for all equipment and should report any damaged or missing equipment immediately to the Digital Media Studio desk.
- Directions for recording and burning presentations are available in the Presentation Practice Rooms.
- Call 904-8526 or see the DMS desk if you experience technical problems.
- Rooms must be attended at all times or locked when vacant.
- Noise levels must be appropriate to the Library’s environment.
- All furniture and equipment must be restored to original position when finished with the room.
- Users must abide by the MTSU Computer and Network Acceptable Use Policy and all Library policies.
- Walker Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- After you have received your reservation confirmation, arrive at the Digital Media Studio desk 15 minutes prior to your scheduled reservation time.
- Present your MTSU ID to DMS personnel to check out the room and desired equipment
- Sign the Walker Library “Presentation Practice Room Use Agreement” form.
- Presentation room reservations will be held for 15 minutes beyond the reservation time. After that time period, reservations will be cancelled.
- DMS personnel will present you with a reservation slip to post on the room door.
- Before using the Presentation Practice Room, please report any damage to the Digital Media Studio desk.
- Beverages in spill-proof containers are permitted. Food is not permitted in the Presentation Practice Rooms.
- At the end of your reservation time:
- Log out of your computer session
- Power off all equipment
- Clean up after yourself
- Turn off lights
- Close door and ensure it is locked behind you
- Bring reservation slip back to DMS desk
- Return equipment to DMS desk for check in (Walker Library laptops and cables must be returned to LTS Desk)
AVAILABLE PRESENTATION PRACTICE ROOM EQUIPMENT
Check out from Digital Media Studio:
- Camera remote
- Flat-screen remote
- Dry erase markers and eraser
- Laser pointer
Check out from Library Technology Services Desk:
Presentation Room Equipment Fines and Costs Policy:
- Late DMS equipment return fines are $1.00 per hour up to a maximum of $27.00
- Lost DMS equipment fines range from $10.00 to $100.00 per lost item plus accrued overdue fines and a non-refundable $20.00 service charge.
- Late LTS laptop return fines are $1.00 per hour to a maximum of $27.00
- Lost LTS laptop return fines are $1700.00 plus accrued overdue fines and a non-refundable $20.00 service charge.
Technical Support – Call 904-8526 for support:
- Support is provided to assist with any minor system problems or questions which may occur related to use of the equipment.
- Please Note: Failure to follow these policies, or other applicable library policies, may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of access to this room and our group study rooms and meeting places.
- If you find that the room was left in poor condition by the previous occupants, please report this immediately to the DMS desk.