Group Study Room Reservations
Purpose and Scope: This policy describes the group study room reservation process.
Policy Statement: The Library provides group study rooms for current MTSU students, faculty, and staff to reserve.
- The group study rooms on the Library’s 4th floor are reserved online on a first come, first served basis and may be reserved for a maximum of 4 hours at a time. Please note: No waiting list for available group study rooms will be maintained.
- Group study rooms may be reserved up to one week in advance.
- A valid MTSU ID will be required to pick up your reservation card.
- Reservation cards are picked up at the 1st floor Service Desk.
- Display the reservation card on the window of your assigned group study room.
- Return the reservation card to the Service Desk when you are finished using the room.
- Reservations will be held for 30 minutes and will be cancelled if the reservation card is not picked up from the 1st floor Service Desk within that time period.
- The Library is not able to supply the names of individuals reserving group study rooms, nor the location of an individual in a group study room.
- Problems with technical equipment in the group study rooms should be directed to Technology Services, 1st Floor, 898-5666.
- Groups in reserved group study rooms must adhere to all Library policies and procedures.
Related Policies: Presentation Practice Room Reservation Policy, Meeting Spaces Reservation Policy, Graduate Research Carrels Policy
Responsible Unit: Service Desk/Library Administrative Office
Date: June 26, 2013
August 8, 2013
See other available Library work spaces here: http://library.mtsu.edu/services/spaces.php.
Questions about group study reservations may be directed to the Service Desk at (615) 898-2817 (option 1).