Purpose and Scope: This policy describes the group study room reservation process.
Policy Statement: The Library provides group study rooms for current MTSU students, faculty, and staff to reserve.
- The group study rooms on the Library’s 4th floor are reserved online on a first come, first served basis and may be reserved for a maximum of 4 hours at a time. Please note: No waiting list for available group study rooms will be maintained.
- Group study rooms may be reserved up to one week in advance.
- A valid MTSU ID will be required to pick up your reservation card.
- Reservation cards are picked up at the 1st floor Service Desk.
- Display the reservation card on the window of your assigned group study room.
- Return the reservation card to the Service Desk when you are finished using the room.
- Reservations will be held for 30 minutes and will be cancelled if the reservation card is not picked up from the 1st floor Service Desk within that time period.
- The Library is not able to supply the names of individuals reserving group study rooms, nor the location of an individual in a group study room.
- Problems with technical equipment in the group study rooms should be directed to Technology Services, 1st Floor, 898-5666.
- Groups in reserved group study rooms must adhere to all Library policies and procedures.
Related Policies: Presentation Practice Room Reservation Policy, Meeting Spaces Reservation Policy, Graduate Research Carrels Policy
Responsible Unit: Service Desk/Library Administrative Office
Date: June 26, 2013
August 8, 2013
See other available Library work spaces here: http://library.mtsu.edu/spaces.php.
Questions about group study reservations may be directed to the Service Desk at (615) 898-2817 (option 1).
Meeting Place 2 Policies
Meeting Place 2 is a partially enclosed, reservable space in room 248 on the library 2nd floor. It is equipped with a reconfigurable conference table and movable whiteboard partitions. A Mac or PC laptop is available for checkout and may be hooked up to a wall-mounted large-screen monitor. Meeting Place 2 is recommended for 8-16 people. Make a reservation for Meeting Place 2.
Available for 1-3 hour reservations (no renewals)
- Reservations are available from 1 hour after Library opening until 2 hours before Library closing. See Library hours.
- NOTE: Groups may use the spaces until closing time without a reservation, but equipment will not be available after reservation hours.
- Reservation notices will be posted in the area at the beginning of each day. Groups may use the Meeting Places without reservation as long as they are available but will not be able to use the equipment.
- The wall-mounted monitors may be used by reservation only.
- As Meeting Place 2 is a semi-enclosed areas in a larger group-use room, groups using the areas should expect some ambient noise. Users in the larger space may not be asked to leave or refrain from talking.
- Computer equipment: The Library Technology Services desk staff (1st floor) are able to assist with turning on and setting up presentation equipment. Users may not install additional software on the LTS laptops but may attach their own computers to the monitor.
- Meeting Place 2 may be reserved online up to three months in advance.
- Check in at the Technology Services desk (1st floor) to obtain a reservation card and to borrow a laptop or laptop cables for personal laptops, if needed.
- Reservations will be held for 15 minutes, after which time the reservation may be cancelled.
- Post the “In Use” reservation card in the area while using the Meeting Place and return it to the Technology Services Desk when you are finished.
- View the online calendar (MP2) for room availability and to request a reservation.
- Please submit reservation requests at least 48 hours prior to desired time.
- Reservations may be requested up to three months in advance.
- For first time requesters wishing to use the technology features of the Meeting Places, please arrive 15 minutes early so that Library personnel can instruct you on equipment use.
Room Use Policies and Guidelines:
- Available to MTSU students, faculty, and staff with valid ID.
- Users of Meeting Places 2 are responsible for all Library equipment in the space and should report any damaged or missing equipment immediately to the Library Technology Services desk.
- Call 615-904-5666 or see the LTS desk if you experience technical problems.
- Noise levels must be appropriate to the Library’s environment.
- Meeting Places 2 is in a group zones and is therefore not expected to be quiet. The wall-mounted monitor has functional speakers and may be used for presentations and videos with audio, but as all areas of the library are academic spaces, users are asked to be considerate of others. Library staff will use their discretion regarding excessive and disruptive noise and physical activity.
- All furniture and equipment must be restored to original position when finished with the room.
- Users must abide by the MTSU Computer and Network Acceptable Use Policy and all Library policies.
- Walker Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- After you have received your reservation confirmation, arrive at the Technology Services (TS) desk 15 minutes prior to your scheduled reservation time.
- Present your MTSU ID to Technology Services personnel to check out the room and desired equipment.
- Meeting Place reservations will be held for 15 minutes beyond the reservation time. After that time period, reservations will be cancelled.
- Technology Services personnel will present you with a reservation slip to post on the bulletin board in the room.
- Before using a Meeting Place , please report any damage to the Technology Services desk.
- Beverages in spill-proof containers are permitted. Please abide by the Walker Library Food and Drink Policies.
- At the end of your reservation time:
- Log out of your computer session
- Power off all equipment
- Clean up after yourself
- Return furniture to original locations
- Return Technology Services laptop and/or equipment to the desk.
AVAILABLE MEETING PLACE EQUIPMENT
Check out from Technology Services Desk:In a kit:
- TV Remote
- VGA cable
- HDMI/DVI cable
- Ethernet cable
- Power cable
- Presentation Remote including laser pointer
- Mac Adapter (if checking out the Mac)
- Dell or Mac Laptop and charger
Meeting Place Equipment Fines and Costs Policy:
- Late TS laptop return fines are $1.00 per hour to a maximum of $27.00
- Lost TS laptop return fines are $1700.00 plus accrued overdue fines and a non-refundable $20.00 service charge.
- Lost TS remote, power cable, and laser pointer fines are $10.00 plus accrued fines and a non-refundable $20.00 service charge.
- Lost TS laptop cable fine is $5 plus a non-refundable $20.00 service charge
- Lost VGA or HDMI/DVII cables are $50 plus a non-refundable $20.00 service charge
Technical Support – Call 898-5666 for support:
- Support is provided to assist with any minor system problems or questions which may occur related to use of the equipment.
- Please Note: Failure to follow these policies, or other applicable library policies, may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of access to this room and our group study rooms and meeting places.
- If you find that the room was left in poor condition by the previous occupants, please report this immediately to the Technology Services desk.
Revisions: January 12, 2018