Ebook Central (formerly ebrary) is a multidisciplinary collection of ebooks that MTSU subscribes to.
1. You will find Ebook Central ebooks individually when you search the Library Catalog. (Limit to Ebooks from the Material Type box.)
2. You can also access and browse the Ebook Central collection from the Databases A-Z page.
3. Use the Ebook Central search box to locate available ebooks.
4. When you access Ebook Central off campus, you'll be prompted to login. Use your Pipeline or RODP username and password.
5. Ebook Central ebooks can be read online or downloaded.
You must create an Ebook Central user account before you can:
To create an account:
In the ebrary online Reader, users can download a book for offline reading on a tablet or phone using the Bluefire Reader for iOS and Android devices.
When on your mobile device - and in the ebrary online Reader or on the new book Detail page - you will be guided through the streamlined 3 step download flow for mobile.
Often reading online is the most straight forward way to access a book since downloading often requires installing software on your computer.
Printing to PDF
After clicking on the printer Icon at the top of the page, you will see a Page Range.
Select from the following choices.
1. Download 2. Chapter Download 3 .Copy 4. Search Within Book 5. Print 6. Add to Bookshelf 7. Share 8. Cite 9. Highlight 10. Notes 11. Bookmark 12. Zoom Options 13. Go to page 14. Previous/ Next 15 .Help 16. settings.
Copy and print functions are available at the top among the available tool icons.
The general allowance for both printing and copying from ebrary is a maximum 60 pages per book.
There are some books by certain publishers who set a more restrictive limit, which will be indicated when you try to print.
Read more about limits on copying and printing in the ebrary Support Center.
Downloads are greatly streamlined. There is a guided 3 step flow, and the device you are on is pre-selected for you
1. Download and install Adobe Digital Editions to download ebooks to your laptop or desktop. This free software is different from Adobe Reader.
A free Adobe ID is also required to transfer the ebook to a device. It is NOT required to read ebooks online on your computer.
Click on the image below to see the process.