Need a space where a group can watch a digital video or movie together? Check out our Library Spaces page for several possibilities. Groups of 4-8 may use a Group Study room, all of which are equipped with computers. Larger groups may reserve one of the Meeting Places. VHS tapes may be viewed in room 114D. Viewings should be academically-related and must not exceed reasonable noise levels.
For individual viewing, check out a pair of headphones from the Technology Services Desk and grab any available computer.
Finding a DVD
You can use the Library Catalog basic search box to locate DVDs in the Library.
1. From the Library Home page, click on Library Catalog.
2. Type your search term(s). Click Find.
Once you find a dvd you want, go to the Circulation desk on the 1st floor, to check it out. Students must view videos in the Library.
More Info / Source(s)
If you need further assistance, please Ask Us!
Finding a Specific Video
1. Type the desired title in the search box. i.e. "money driven medicine".
2. Press "Go".
3. "money driven medicine" shows many results. The first two are the specific media titles. The first is a streaming media version; the second is the physical copy DVD.
4. Select the version you wish to use.
5. The dvd is available at the Walker Library Circulation Desk. You'll need the call number to check it out.
Audio materials include books on cd (call no. G) and audiocassettes (call no. A). Both are considered audiobooks. The most recent items display first. You should not see audiocassettes unless the title you specified is only available in that format. We are no longer purchasing audiobooks for the collection.
How to find a list of audiobooks using the Library Catalog
From the Library home page, select the Library Catalog link. Click on Advanced Search.
1. Type audiobooks in the Search For box; choose Subject from All Fields.
2. From Limit to select CD as the Format and Media Collection as the Location.
3. Click on Find.
From the results screen you can select Sort and choose Date Descending from the list for the most recent audiobooks.
JEWL Search can be used to find many types of materials. These directions will show you how to find audiobooks in the Media Collection of Walker Library using the Advanced Search of JEWL.
Finding Audiobooks (Title)
1. Type in the desired title. i.e. "the girl with the dragon tattoo".
2. Change "Select a Field" to Title. Click on Search.
3. From the results, locate the entry that has "Media - Walker Library - Circulation Desk" and the Call no. G000300a.
4. Information for location, call no. and availability will display. i.e. Availability: On the shelf (Note: Ignore (Book this Material)