Periodical coverage of Biography Index, full-text articles, page images, and abstracts from Wilson databases (including biographical profiles, feature articles, interviews, essays, book reviews, performance reviews, speeches, or obituaries).
• Coverage of more than 600,000 individuals
• Over 2.2 million records
• Links to over 300,000 related full-text articles, as well as abstracts and images from thousands of periodicals
• Over 35,000 images
• Substantive narrative profiles averaging 3,000 words in length
Chronicles the diverse history and culture of the African American experience through music.
• Full text from major reference works
• Biographies and personal narratives from oral histories
• Manuscripts, song-sheets, lyrics, discography data, and other text sources
cover jazz, spirituals, civil rights songs, slave songs, minstrelsy, rhythm and
blues, gospel, and other forms of African American musical expression
A narrative history of the life of some person; or the practice of writing such works. Most biographies provide an account of the life of a notable individual from birth to death, or in the case of living persons from birth to the time of writing;