Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Walker Library provides access to a large collection of music materials, including scores, books, audio, and video. The Listening/Viewing Center, located in room 144A, is equipped with two stations for listening to recordings or viewing videos. Assistance with music related questions is available in the Listening/Viewing Center.
Music Online allows students, faculty, and researchers to analyze unique and valuable content from over 500 producers and distributors around the world, including EMI, Motown, Rounder, Smithsonian Folkways Recordings, Universal Music Group, the Masterclass Media Foundation, Chester Music, Novello & Company, Opus Arte, and hundreds more. Genres include:
- Classical: All major genres and time periods from medieval to contemporary, from choral works to symphonies, operas, and the avant-garde.
- Jazz: All major genres including vocal jazz, bebop, acid jazz, big band, modern jazz, and more.
- World: Music from 169 countries and more than 1,000 cultural groups.
- American: Country, folk, jazz, bluegrass, Western, old time, American Indian, blues, gospel, R&B, and shape note singing.
- Popular: Wide range of popular music from around the world, from Gloria Gaynor to Liberace to Wu-Tang Clan.