How to embed video from Kanopy
1. Find the video you wish to embed and go to that video's page
2. On the video page, click the EMBED button to get the code.
3. Copy / paste the code to embed the video into D2L* or a Web page
*Note: The current best practice for sharing videos inside D2L is to use the URL or permanent link rather than the embed code. There is a confict between the secure content of D2L and the non-secure video thus preventing videos from playing unless browser security settings are changed.
Instructors: Some Kanopy videos contain closed captioning. If you plan to show or assign a Kanopy title that is not captioned, please click "Report" below the video player for the film in question and request captioning. Kanopy will respond to you within 48 hours to confirm that captions are now available.
Use the example below to cite a video from Kanopy.
1. Display the video you wish to link to.
2. Click on the "Share" button and copy the link.
3. Paste the URL into your web page or content in D2L.
To add content from Docuseek2 to D2L or other web sources:
A window with code for embedding the video as well as a permanent link to the video is displayed. Sometimes, linking can be the simplest choice, but it's a personal preference.