Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Databases & Indexes
- JSTOR is an online collection of academic journals in all areas.
- Good resource for historical facts related to the Sixties.
- Project MUSE
- Access to over 380 humanities and social sciences journals from over 60 scholarly publishers.
- Communication & Mass Media
- Includes more than 300 periodicals, many with full text. An excellent source for placing film studies in a broader context.
- Entertainment Industry magazine Archive
- An archival research resource containing the essential primary sources for studying the history of the film and entertainment industries, from the era of vaudeville and silent movies through 2000. Contains the core US and UK trade magazines covering film fan magazines and music press titles.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- This database of encyclopedias, almanacs, and other specialized reference sources includes a number of film studies texts, including the International Dictionary of Films and Filmmakers and the Schirmer Encyclopedia of Film.
- Humanities Full Text
- Contains feature articles, interviews, bibliographies, fiction drama, and poetry; and reviews of movies, musicals, and plays among others.
- Google Scholar
- Access this from our Databases A-Z link for resources held at MTSU.
(Adapted from the University of Pittsburgh)
Search for books, articles, images, videos, scores, audio recordings, encyclopedia entries and more from a single search. Results include thousands of online resources in each category, as well as items physically held by the libraries on campus.
film or fashion
"great britain" (SU Subject Terms)
swinging sixties OR sixties OR 1960s (SU Subject Terms)
Select Journals / e-Journals
- 20th Century British History
- Publishes work on all aspects of the history of Britain and British world during the long-twentieth century.
- Film Quarterly
- One of the premier English-language scholarly film journals. Peer-reviewed
- Film Criticism
- An academic film studies journal published by Allegheny College
- Sight & Sound
- An important film magazine published by the British Film Institute
(Adapted from University of Pittsburgh)
Find a Journal - Journals A-Z
Journals A-Z is the best source to find out if the Library has access to a journal, magazine or newspaper. Searching Journals A-Z will give you results for online journals as well as print issues held in Walker Library.
Sample journals include:
Sixties: A Journal of History, Politics & Culture
Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television
Film & History (also called Film History)
For more details check out the Library FAQs below.