Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Editing and Creating Content in Wikipedia
Create Your Account
- Select your username (provided it's unique and available)
- You'll have your own permanent user page.
- You can write about yourself, maintain a list of articles you've written or contributed to.
- Edits made while logged in will be credited you not an IP address.
- Read the complete list of benefits here.
- Create an account here.
Ten Simple Rules for Editing Wikipedia
- Register an account
- Learn the five pillars
- Be bold, but not reckless
- Know your audience
- Do not infringe on copyright
- Cite, Cite, Cite
- Avoid shameless self-promotion
- Share your expertise, but don't argue from authority
- Write neutrally and with due weight
- Ask for help.
Wikipedia Editing FAQs
Click on the FAQ Editing link below to learn the answers to the most common questions about editing Wikipedia
- Editing a page,
- Making links,
- Delete a page,
- Add pictures,
- Describe images
- ... and much more
Training Libraries and Recommended Training Modules
(Credit: Univ. of Michigan)
Participate in Editing Wikipedia